Angel Dogs with a Mission
Angel Animals Network Links
Angel Dogs with a Mission
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Angel Animals Network
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55126
Twenty Stories of Dogs Who Made a Difference
Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 2, 2012 – Loyalty, compassion, authenticity, intelligence, and the ability to bring a smile to people’s faces are all admirable assets in a human being and especially endearing in dogs. These canine qualities inspired Allen and Linda Anderson, authors of the new book, Angel Dogs with a Mission: Divine Messengers in Service to All Life (New World Library, October 1, 2008), to write about their cocker spaniel Leaf and his unique journey from abandoned shelter dog to lifesaver. Leaf’s story is featured in the tenth book in the popular Angel Animals series, a collection of twenty true stories about dogs who each found their purpose in life. The Andersons will discuss their new book and welcome people to share their own experiences with dogs who made a difference on Saturday, October 18, 1:00 p.m. at Borders Minnetonka, 1501 Plymouth Road, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55305. Info. 952-595-0977. Angel Dogs with a Mission is available nationwide at bookstores, online sites, and autographed by the authors at www.shop.angelanimals.net.
Like many rescued dogs, Leaf’s rough start in life did not leave him embittered. Instead, he became a key figure in Allen Anderson’s sudden battle with a life-threatening condition that brought him to the lowest point in his life and ultimate recovery. Allen Anderson says, “Leaf and the other amazing dogs in this book remind us that dogs make sensitive, conscious, and wise choices to serve, heal, and protect.”
Angel Dogs with a Mission includes:
· Keno, a yellow Lab, rescued a lift operator buried in an avalanche.
· Kobi, a beloved and intelligent family pet with an exceptional sense of smell became one of the most famous cancer-sniffing dogs in the world.
· Tuffy, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel serves as a certified K-9 grief counseling partner with Dr. Karla Rose, a Boston grief and trauma specialist offering assistance after disasters and terrorism.
· Abdul, the first service dog for people with mobility impairments, was trained by Bonnie Bergin and Kerrill Knaus-Hardy and paved the way for people with disabilities to be independent.
· Anna, a German shepherd, damaged her lungs searching through the wreckage at Ground Zero after 9/11 and inspired Sarah Atlas to found an assistance program for volunteer search-and-rescue dog handlers.
· Skidboot, the world-famous Texas blue heeler, started life as an abandoned puppy but became such a great performer that she appeared as a guest for Jay Leno, Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman, and Animal Planet with cowboy and entertainer David Hartwig.
· Zoom, a Cardigan Welsh corgi, dropped out of the show ring, and dedicated himself to helping children in a rural Kentucky school become better readers. The school’s rise in reading test scores due to Zoom’s patient listening made national news.
As with the hugely popular Marley & Me, dog lovers will be inspired and entertained by the dramatic human-and-dog journeys in this new book. The amazing stories provide laughter, proof that miracles are possible, and tears -- the good kind.
Amelia Kinkade, author of Straight from the Horses Mouth, says, “This book is a tribute to the fact that many of our most effective doctors, nurses, therapists, police officers, emotional counselors, rescue workers, and spiritual teachers have four legs instead of two.”
Marc Bekoff, PhD, professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, wrote the book’s foreword. Dr. Bekoff writes, “Angel Dogs with a Mission will change your life and the lives of those with whom you share it.”
Allen and Linda Anderson are founders of the Angel Animals Network (www.angelanimals.net), inspirational speakers, and authors of the award-winning Rescued: Saving Animals from Disaster as well as nine other books in the popular Angel Animals series.
New World Library, ISBN-13: 978-1577316022, ISBN-10: 1577316029, Black & White Photographs, Trade paperback.